Online Dutch tutoring (NT2) for returning expat children
Have you lived abroad, and are you planning to return to the Netherlands soon? Or do you already live in the Netherlands, and does your son or daughter need tutoring in NT2?
Our experienced teachers are here to help your son or daughter prepare for CITO and other tests in groups 6, 7, and 8 and secondary school. It can be overwhelming when you have just moved (back) to Holland. But thanks to our lesson material, one-on-one attention, and practice tests, your child will feel more comfortable in his age group.
You can sign your child up for our online Dutch lessons, especially for returning ex-pat children. Your child will work 1 on 1 with a qualified Dutch teacher on (one of) these subjects:
- reading comprehension
|Installments||Price per installment (You don’t pay VAT)|
|36 lessons||€ 1948 (€ 140,- discount)|
|18 lessons||€ 999 (€ 45,- discount)|
|12 lessons||€ 696|
For every additional student, a family discount of €75 is applied, when you choose our annual installment.
Did you know?
- Above prices are per student.
- You can take any lessons left over to the next school year.
- You can plan your holidays yourself, in consultation with your teacher.
What you’ll get
- A free introductory meeting
- A free trial lesson
- Online Dutch private lessons from a qualified teacher
- The lesson material
- Lesson from your own home through Skype, Zoom, or Teams
- Dutch lessons that match your child’s individual level
- Twice a year assessment and a report
- Interim consultation with the teacher about your child’s progress
- Access to our online learning environment
Get started with online Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids!
Would you like a free introductory meeting and a free trial lesson? Fill in the information below, and we will contact you as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
How does the online Dutch course (NT2) work?
We offer private online Dutch lessons for primary and secondary school children who have lived abroad for several years. Based on an intake interview with the parents and a trial lesson with your child, we look at what the challenges are. Based on this, we put together a series of lessons for your son or daughter. Your child can have 1, 2, or 3 online Dutch lessons per week with us, plus homework.
First, we make an appointment for a no-obligation introductory meeting via Skype or Zoom, in which you can indicate your child’s interests. During this meeting, we also discuss the reading level and possibly previous test results.
Together with the teacher, your son or daughter will do the exercises. In addition, he/she will spend about 45 minutes a week on homework.
Your child will start weekly lessons with one of our authorized teachers at a fixed time. After a period of 12 or 18 weeks, we evaluate and decide whether the set goals have been achieved and whether your child has gained enough knowledge to continue independently without our help.
- Contact between Dutch for Kids and the school is possible at the start of the process and during the interim evaluation.
- You will receive all materials needed for the lesson by e-mail/post.
- Based on tests and intermediate measurements, you get a clear picture of your child’s performance.
We do all our lessons online via Skype, Zoom, or Teams.
Online tutoring for the CITO group 7 and group 8
We can help you prepare your child for the CITO test of groups 7 or 8.
Group 7 is perhaps the most important year of primary school. The results of the CITO test of group 7 and the CITO results of previous years form the advice for secondary school. When you return to the Netherlands as an ex-pat child, you want to prepare for this test. We help you step by step so you can confidently take your test.
Group 8 is also a very important year. Although the school advice has already been given, the CITO scores can still be determinative. When you return to the Dutch education system in group 8, we will help you prepare for your test. In addition, we will also prepare you during the lessons for secondary school that will follow.
In the online Dutch lessons in preparation for the CITO test, we study the following subjects:
- reading comprehension
With our free digital learning environment, you can also practice the subject of “mathematics.”
With our (bi)weekly lessons, we work efficiently with teaching material that is requested during the CITO test. In this way, your child can start the CITO with confidence!
We provide lessons for:
- Some children are told at school that they need a little more attention to language, spelling, reading comprehension, vocabulary, or grammar. These children flourish in a 1 on 1 setting and can then apply the acquired knowledge at school.
- Other children have just come to live in the Netherlands and find it quite challenging to prepare for the CITO tests of groups 7 and 8. Through the weekly Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids, their vocabulary will be expanded, spelling and grammar will improve, and their reading comprehension levels will go up.
- Children with dyslexia are also welcome to follow Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids. Playfully, we will work with the spelling rules, which will increase self-confidence, and your child will enjoy the lessons at school again.
“Will we see you soon at the free trial lesson?”
Our dedicated and certified teachers are here to help:
lessons per week
years of experience in online teaching
teachers are here to help