Do you want your child to have effective online Dutch lessons from home? We offer online Dutch lessons since 2013 for children all over the world. Your child can start at any level with us.
Together with you as a parent, we determine the goal of the lessons. For example: speaking, writing and reading Dutch at the level of Dutch peers.
We provide 1 on 1 lessons and set personal goals so that everyone can work at their own level.
At Dutch for Kids we work with the same boots and methods as at Dutch primary school. Every week in our online Dutch lessons we pay attention to:
- speak Dutch
- Dutch writing
- Dutch spelling & grammar
- reading comprehension and vocabulary
Each lesson we focus on a new, exciting theme. The topics of the themes are in line with your child’s level and experience. This makes the lessons challenging and interesting!
All materials needed for the lesson will be sent to you by email or post.
On the basis of tests and interim measurements that we do twice a year, you will receive a good and clear overview of your child’s performance.
|Installments||Price per installment (You don’t pay VAT)|
|36 lessons||€ 1948 (€ 140,- discount)|
|18 lessons||€ 999 (€ 45,- discount)|
|12 lessons||€ 696|
For every additional student, a family discount of €75 is applied, when you choose our annual installment.
Did you know?
- Above prices are per student.
- You can take any lessons left over to the next school year.
- You can plan your holidays yourself, in consultation with your teacher.
What you’ll get
- A free introductory meeting
- A free trial lesson
- Online Dutch private lessons from a qualified teacher
- Lesson from your own home through Skype, Zoom or Teams
- Dutch lessons that match your child’s individual level
- Twice a year assessment and a report
- Interim consultation with the teacher about your child’s progress
- Access to our online learning environment
We teach at three levels:
- To children who are already at a good level of Dutch. They get online Dutch lessons from abroad with us. If they want to move back to the Netherlands, they can join their peers again.
- To children who already speak some Dutch but have never written it. They may be a few years behind their peers. In that case, they work on their Dutch lessons with personal goals.
- To children who start at the very beginning and do not yet speak or write Dutch. We help them all the way from the start. Their vocabulary will quickly expanded on the basis of conversations, songs, stories and videos.
We provide lessons for:
Frequently Asked Questions
It doesn’t matter whether your child already speaks Dutch well or not.
Based on an intake interview, we look at your child’s development. Based on this, your child will be classified at a level with lessons on which he/she works for a fixed period.
– A dedicated, quiet space
– A desk with a high enough chair
– A computer/laptop
– A printer to print the lesson material
– A pencil or pen
– A binder to store all lessons
First, we make an appointment for a no-obligation introductory meeting via Skype, Zoom, or Teams, in which you can indicate your child’s level is and what his/her points of interest are.
We also discuss the reading level and possibly the test results during this meeting.
After the introductory meeting, we link your child to one of our teachers. He or she will then send you an invitation for the trial lesson.
When your child is happy with the lesson, you can let the teacher know if you want to get started with the online Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids.
Together with the Dutch for Kids teacher, you agree on the definite days and times. You can now let the teacher know whether you want to start with a package of 12, 18, or 36 lessons. You only pay for the lessons given, so you don’t pay for the lessons during holidays or days off.
After or during each lesson, the teacher will let you know which assignments must be done as homework.
In addition to the lessons, your child will spend about 60 minutes a week on homework.
Your child will start (bi)weekly lessons with one of our authorized teachers at a fixed time.
A school year typically is 36 lessons.
Twice a year, we evaluate and decide whether the set goals have been achieved and whether your child has acquired sufficient knowledge to proceed to the next level.
You will receive a report twice a year describing your child’s progress.
“Will we see you soon at the free trial lesson?”
Amarins, Anouk & Marrit