After primary school, your son or daughter can continue with the online Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids. We provide online Dutch lessons for secondary school students all over the world since 2013.
Your child will follow the lessons of Dutch secondary education, at his or her own level (VMBO, HAVO or VWO), together with a Dutch teacher.
At Dutch for Kids we work with the digital method “Kern” for our high school and secondary school students. The teacher does the lesson together with your child every week. After that, we let your child know what the homework will be, and this will take approximately 60 minutes.
Every week, in our online Dutch lessons for high school and secondary school students, we pay attention to:
- Dutch speaking
- Dutch writing
- Dutch spelling and grammar
- Dutch reading comprehension and vocabulary
The lesson material that is needed for the lessons is online and we’ll send you lesson material via email.
Based on tests and interim measurements that we take twice a year, you will receive a good and clear overview of your child’s performance.
We offer classes at the following levels:
We teach on three levels:
- To children who have lived in Holland and went to school here, they already have a good level of Dutch. They continue weekly online Dutch lessons with us from abroad. If they want to move back to the Netherlands, they can join their peers again.
- To children who already speak some Dutch but have never written it. They may be a few years behind their peers. In that case, they work on improving their Dutch with personal goals.
- To children who start at the very beginning and do not yet speak or write Dutch. We help them all the way from the start. Their vocabulary will quickly expanded as soon as we start with conversations, songs, stories and videos.
|Installments||Price per installment (You don’t pay VAT)|
|36 lessons||€ 1948 (€ 140,- discount)|
|18 lessons||€ 999 (€ 45,- discount)|
|12 lessons||€ 696|
For every additional student, a family discount of €75 is applied, when you choose our annual installment.
Did you know?
- Above prices are per student.
- You can take any lessons left over to the next school year.
- You can plan your holidays yourself, in consultation with your teacher.
What you’ll get
- A free introductory meeting
- A free trial lesson
- Online Dutch private lessons from a qualified teacher
- Lesson from your own home through Skype, Zoom or Teams
- Dutch lessons that match your child’s individual level
- Twice a year assessment and a report
- Interim consultation with the teacher about your child’s progress
- Access to our online learning environment
- Some children can already speak a little Dutch. They learn to speak the language well and quickly within 3-6 months.
- Other children will soon be living in the Netherlands and would like an intensive curriculum of 3 lessons per week for 2 months.
- Still, other children take weekly Dutch lessons for several years to keep their Dutch language abroad up-to-date until the period comes when they move back to the Netherlands.
We provide lessons for:
Do you want Dutch lessons so you can go to a Dutch-speaking university?
Together with one of our secondary school-certified teachers, you will work with the teaching material of the Dutch secondary school. We are working towards the “final exam Dutch” or the “admission test Dutch” that you have to pass at some Dutch-speaking universities or high schools. On the basis of practice tests, your child quickly knows what the required objectives are and we work towards them step by step.
Do you want Dutch lessons to study at an English-speaking university in Holland?
Even if you are going to start an English-speaking study in the Netherlands, it can be nice to already have some knowledge of the Dutch language. Even if it’s just to make friends here right away, to make it easier to do your shopping here and to participate in a sport of your choice. We take into account the starting level of your child and adapt the lessons to your personal goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
It doesn’t matter whether your child already speaks Dutch well or not.
Based on an intake interview, we look at your child’s development. Based on this, your child will be classified at a level with lessons on which he/she works for a fixed period.
– A dedicated, quiet space
– A desk with a high enough chair
– A computer/laptop
– A printer to print the lesson material
– A pencil or pen
– A binder to store all lessons
First, we make an appointment for a no-obligation introductory meeting via Skype, Zoom, or Teams, in which you can indicate your child’s level is and what his/her points of interest are.
We also discuss the reading level and possibly the test results during this meeting.
After the introductory meeting, we link your child to one of our teachers. He or she will then send you an invitation for the trial lesson.
When your child is happy with the lesson, you can let the teacher know if you want to get started with the online Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids.
Together with the Dutch for Kids teacher, you agree on the definite days and times. You can now let the teacher know whether you want to start with a package of 12, 18, or 36 lessons. You only pay for the lessons given, so you don’t pay for the lessons during holidays or days off.
After or during each lesson, the teacher will let you know which assignments must be done as homework.
In addition to the lessons, your child will spend about 60 minutes a week on homework.
Your child will start (bi)weekly lessons with one of our authorized teachers at a fixed time.
A school year typically is 36 lessons.
Twice a year, we evaluate and decide whether the set goals have been achieved and whether your child has acquired sufficient knowledge to proceed to the next level.
You will receive a report twice a year describing your child’s progress.
“Will we see you soon at the free trial lesson?”
Amarins, Anouk & Marrit