At Dutch for Kids, we have a special page dedicated to schools seeking professional Dutch support for their students.
Since 2013, we have been a loyal partner to schools, and in this blog post, I’m excited to share how we enjoy working together.
On our page, you can learn more about how we assist primary and secondary school students who have recently moved to the Netherlands, in providing Dutch language support.
These students can take Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids, with the school covering the costs.
What do we offer?
- Experienced teachers for individual lessons in language, grammar, spelling, reading comprehension, and vocabulary.
- Flexible lessons tailored to the needs of the school and parents.
- Costs billed directly to the school.
- Free introductory meetings and trial lessons for students.
Our support is specially designed for children who, after living abroad for a period, are now in the Netherlands. Sometimes, these children have Dutch parents and may already speak Dutch well when they return to a Dutch school.
However, subjects like Dutch and, for example, history can pose challenges. A solid foundation in spelling may not have been established, grammar rules might not be automated yet, or comprehension strategies for long texts may not have been learned.
At Dutch for Kids, they start with lessons that students can easily follow from home. Within a few months, the school already notices a difference. We analyze which spelling rules need reinforcement and lay a strong foundation for the Dutch language.
This way, children can confidently participate in all lessons again!
How does it work?
- School enrollment: Schools can contact us to enroll students in Dutch lessons. We are ready for a discussion and promptly reach out to discuss the needs.
- Information for parents: Next, we prepare an information email for parents, covering everything about our lessons, registrations, and more.
- Parent enrollment: Parents can then enroll their children for lessons, which can be followed from home without disrupting regular school schedules.
- Lesson frequency and homework: We offer flexible lessons, weekly or twice a week, in close collaboration with the school and parents. Homework is tailored to the needs and capabilities.
- Billing to the school: The costs for Dutch lessons are billed directly to the school.
Discover more on our page!
Visit this page for more information.
Do you also want to provide your students with a solid Dutch foundation? Fill out the contact form on our page. We look forward to a pleasant collaboration where we collectively elevate the Dutch language skills of your students to new heights.
This blog post was written by Anouk Hosman, owner of Dutch for Kids.