The first lesson of Dutch for Kids is a free trial lesson. A short introductory meeting will be scheduled prior to the free trial lesson. This introductory meeting is scheduled with one of our teachers. During the introductory meeting, the following topics will be discussed:
- Your child’s home language and the motivation to learn Dutch.
- Goals for the coming period and explanation of the following subjects:
Grammar – Spelling – Vocabulary – Reading Comprehension – Reading Pace
After the introductory meeting, you will be introduced to the teacher who best suits your child. After all, every teacher has his own specialties (toddlers, primary school or secondary school). If your child starts working at the secondary school level, your child will probably end up with a different teacher than if you register a 4-year-old for the Dutch lessons.
When you have had contact with the teacher, the lessons can start. You will first receive a free trial lesson at the level that we think suits your child well. If everything goes according to plan, we make a lesson schedule for the coming period for your child and the Dutch lessons can start.
You’ll have weekly online lessons and after each lesson your son or daughter will receive Dutch homework for the coming week from his teacher. Homework must be submitted before the next class begins.
Example: You live abroad and your 8-year-old child is already at a good level, but you want to keep it that way and that’s why you start with the Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids. He or she will then start with the lessons of group 5. The teaching material will be sent to you weekly by e-mail and we also have a digital learning environment where your child can log in.
To see how he or she is progressing, we do a test in January and May, followed by the report. You can save and use the reports when you want to move back to the Netherlands
Why online Dutch lessons with Dutch for Kids?
- You get personal online Dutch private lessons from your own teacher
- The teaching material is in line with the teaching material of Dutch primary and secondary schools
- You do the lesson from your own home by Skype
- The Dutch lessons match your level
- You have an assessment and a report twice a year
- Interim consultation with the teacher about the progress of your child is always possible
- You get access to our digital learning environment