At Dutch for Kids, your toddler will follow Dutch primary education online. We provide online Dutch lessons for toddlers all over the world since 2013.
We work with themes that match the young children’s perception of the world. Every week there is a new theme, and most children are very curious about what we are going to talk about!
Your child can start with the online Dutch lessons when he or she is 3, 4, or 5 years old. You can let your child have 30 minutes lessons once or twice a week. Because half an hour of concentration is already very good for young children!
When learning Dutch online, we work towards the same goals for the children as in the Dutch regular primary education system.
During the online Dutch lessons, we work on the following linguistic items:
- Dutch speaking and/or pronunciation
- Dutch comprehension (reading and) listening
- increasing Dutch vocabulary
All materials needed for the lesson will be sent to you by email, or the teachers will share them during the lesson.
Two times a year, you’ll receive a report. You’ll get a good and clear overview of your child’s performance.
30-minute lessons (for 3, 4 & 5-year-old children)
|Installments||Price per installment (You don’t pay VAT)|
|36 lessons||€ 1405 (€ 35,- discount)|
|18 lessons||€ 705 (€ 15,- discount)|
|12 lessons||€ 480|
For every additional student, a family discount of €35 is applied, when you choose our annual installment.
You can plan your holidays yourself.
Above prices are per student.
- A free introductory meeting
- A free trial lesson
- Weekly online Dutch private lessons from a qualified teacher
- Lesson from your own home through Skype, Zoom, or teams
- Dutch lessons that match your child’s level
- A report twice a year
Frequently Asked Questions
It doesn’t matter whether your child already speaks Dutch well or not.
Based on an intake interview, we look at your child’s development. On the basis of this, your child will be classified at a level with lessons on which he/she works for a fixed period.
– A dedicated, quiet space
– A desk with a high enough chair
– A computer/laptop
– A printer to print the lesson material
– A pencil or pen
– A binder to store all lessons
First, we make an appointment for a no-obligation introductory meeting via Skype, Zoom, or Teams, in which you can indicate what your child’s level is and what his/her points of interest are.
We also discuss the reading level and possibly the test results during this meeting.
After the introductory meeting, we link your child to one of our teachers. He or she will then send you an invitation for the trial lesson.
When you child is happy with the lesson, you can let the teacher know if you want to get started with the online Dutch lessons at Dutch for Kids.
Together with the Dutch for Kids teacher, you agree on the definite days and times. You can now let the teacher know whether you want to start with a package of 12, 18, or 36 lessons. You only pay for the lessons given, so you don’t pay for the lessons during holidays or days off.
After or during each lesson, the teacher will let you know which assignments have to be done as homework.
In addition to the lessons, your child will spend about 60 minutes a week on homework.
Your child will start (bi)weekly lessons with one of our authorized teachers at a fixed time.
A school year typically is 36 lessons.
Twice a year, we evaluate and decide whether the set goals have been achieved and whether your child has acquired sufficient knowledge to proceed to the next level.
You will receive a report twice a year describing your child’s progress.
Also useful to know:
- Contact between Dutch for Kids and your child’s school can optimize your child’s learning performance.
- You will receive all materials needed for the lesson by email or will be shared with the student during the lessons.
- Our classes are held during the week (daytime and evening) and on weekends.
- When planning the lessons, we consider any prior knowledge about the Dutch language and your goals with the online Dutch course.
- All children work with us based on a personal goal plan. Parents can view this plan at any time.
- Some children can already speak some Dutch. They can learn to speak the Dutch language well and quickly within 3-6 months.
- Other children will soon come to live in the Netherlands and want an intense course with three lessons per week for two months. We will prepare your child as best as possible for the Dutch education system.
- Still, other children attend weekly online Dutch lessons to keep their Dutch language abroad up-to-date until the time comes when they move back to the Netherlands.